Friday, September 7, 2012

Roxana 0 sponsored, and talking to kids about sponsorship

Good morning all. I hope you all had a nice Labor Day weekend. I'm happy to tell you all that Roxana from Guatemala, who I featured here last week, was sponsored! Now, I'll possibly find a new child to pray for, but perhaps it won't be one that grabs your heart as much. If so, you can look at many more children on Compassion's page of children waiting for sponsors. If you have children and are thinking of sponsoring, you can look through the available children with them and try to find one with the exact same birthday as your child. Then, whether you sponsor this child or not, you can talk to them about praying for this child. Each child's page lists the living conditions, family situation, diet, and common health problems, all possible things for you and your own children to pray for. Speaking of young children and sponsoring, I'll tell you a story about something that happened this weekend. After church, my friend Carrie asked me about when my trip to Bolivia is. Once we started talking about it, Carrie's 4-year-old son asked where I was going. Then her 8-year-old daughter asked if she could visit a child that their family sponsors in Uganda. When Carrie explained that her daughter would need a lot of shots, that conversation was pretty much over, but I hope that that desire to visit their sponsored child doesn't go away entirely. Since this girl is still only 8, I know that there will be plenty of time for her to think about these things and maybe consider going when she's older.

1 comment:

Teena said...

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Teena