Friday, February 1, 2019

First audio story for #IST646

Soooo... This post is late. I know this. It's been a hairy first month of the new semester, which means I haven't been able to focus well until maybe 24 hours ago. (I know, not good excuses, but better late than never?) I recorded this story, based on an African folktale adapted by Heather Forest in her book "Wisdom Tales," for my first assignment. I really enjoyed expanding on the characters and their parts in the story, especially playing with the gender norms. I loved the themes of trust and faith, issues that have surfaced as rather crucial in my life as of late. I'm willing to give myself a lower grade because of tardiness/misunderstanding of the assignment (that it had to be a blog post. Oops. I hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, it's always better late than never. But you did have your story in on time. And you did a great job with it, Ellen. ~Marilyn Arnone